Monday, October 21, 2013

Scrum Shortcuts is filled with pearls of wisdom

Ilan Goldstein's Scrum Shortcuts is filled with pearls of wisdom that will provide great advice for every Scrum Master.
The book is divided into 10 chapters which contain a total of 30 shortcuts. The shortcuts cover the the entire range of a team's adoption and practice of Scrum. Goldstein says that his shortcuts represent "an approach rather than the approach to implementing Scrum."
I really like the fact that the shortcuts were written so they could be read and used in a stand alone fashion without depending on other shortcuts. Goldstein did a very good job of pointing out many of the pain points that a team will face while implementing Scrum and providing a possible way to deal with that issue.
As I read the book, I was able to identify with many of the topics discussed and I found Goldstein's suggestions insightful and helpful. I enjoyed reading the book and I recommend it to Scrum Masters wherever they may be in their Scrum journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment